• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Crashing when open an existing project in the 17.1.1 update!!!!

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I update the new 17.1.1  and when I open my last project , my mac Crashes

I downgrade to the 17.1 versions and still crashes!

This is very stresfull, Im in the middle of a project delivery and now I cant use anything

I remove all apps and install them again, and the problem still happening.

Mac 2019

CATALINA 10.15.5

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to make a deep uninstall and then reinstall After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did it, but didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vivalabasa,

Sorry for your issue. I understand the inconvenience. Would you mind sharing the following information so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly?

Is it happening with a particular project or all of them? Are you able to create a new project? If yes, try importing your existing project into a new project.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your reply

It happens when I open one past project. When it was like 85% opening the project, the complete system crashes and the black box letters appears. ("Your computer restarted because of a problem. press aa key or wait to cintinue starting up")

I talk directly and had a long chat also , doing a lot of tests, changing folders to adobe.old etc. We did TOO MUCH tests and nothing fix the situation. Reinstall everyghint in the cloud, all my software, eliminate the plugins, etc. We did everything. At the end it does works if I import the project to a new one, but 10 min later, it crashes again.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details. Could you share one of your project files with us so that we can check it at our end?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure here it is  

I also send the file to tech support and give me back again the file with a change. and import it

didnt work also.

test 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file. It opened without any problem. That makes me think if the media files are causing the issue. Could you try moving the media files to a different location so that After Effects can not import them when you open the project?

Let us know if it brings any change.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I move them, it will open because it wont link anything. I suppose is something that if the file manages big files starts to crash.

I even open a new file and when it starts to grow in media files etc, crashes again.

This is something that happens ONLY in this new version.

So this is an issue that this update affects something unknown.

When I import the file to a new project it opens, 10 min later it crashes my system

The files and media I have are ok, because I was forced to used 2019 version to continue working and I can open the same and other projects without no problem. Im in the middle of an important project and need to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

With the last edits, and importing the ae file to a new project seems to work ok. Now I update the new  AE version 17.1.2 and when opening a big file , crashes exactley the same.

Same like last time, opening the file in AE 2019 works good

Any clue why this still happening?

please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this exact same problem. I'm on a Mac Pro 2019 Catalina 10.15.17. Apple's been working with me for the last couple weeks, they even swapped out a new CPU and a bunch of other components. They thought they had solved it, but the problem has resurfaced with another AE project. It's so weird. It can open fine on my laptop, but will cause a full restart on the more robust Mac Pro. By any chance, does the project you're having issue with involve footage recorded from cellphones? All of mine seem to have that thing in common. 

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines