Highlighted

Mac to Windows alternative for ProRes 4444 please

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Just after some pointers. I'm working with a Mac based editor who plans to export Prores 4444 files  to send to me. I am running older versions of the adobe suite and as such am unable to decode them at my end.

They arent precious about using the Prores format so can anyone suggest a worthy Mac/Windows friendly alternative format that they can send me and I can send back once I've applied some VFX to the footage?

Thanks

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mac to Windows alternative for ProRes 4444 please

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Just after some pointers. I'm working with a Mac based editor who plans to export Prores 4444 files  to send to me. I am running older versions of the adobe suite and as such am unable to decode them at my end.

They arent precious about using the Prores format so can anyone suggest a worthy Mac/Windows friendly alternative format that they can send me and I can send back once I've applied some VFX to the footage?

Thanks

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named Community Help forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum, Get Started.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about Premiere Pro or After Effects or ???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be working primarily in AFX but it would be good to have info for both. It's expected that the footage will be prepared at their end by a DaVinci but I don't know any more than that at this stage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0