• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook for ae

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hii! I want too buy a macbook for after effects but I have some questions. I want too make like those typical instagrams edits with it, I don't know if that changes anything. My budget isn't that big. At first, does ae work with the Apple M1? Or does it work with the I5? I know that it's better too buy a I7 but I'm not sure of that fits my budget. Can I buy a 8Gb ram and then put another 8Gb ram in it so I have 16Gb ram? Is it enough too buy 128Gb or 256Gb SSD and use 200Gb/2Tb iCloud on it? Is there anything else I need too know? Please help me!

TOPICS
Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Personally, I would go with the M1 chip. I've seen several benchmark tests and the machines are amazing. If you can afford it go with the new 13" MacBook Pro instead of the Air. You need all the pixels on the display that you can get. The new MBP meets the minimum system requirements even if you only have 8 GB of ram. The Air has about the same specs but I don't think the small price difference is worth it.

I'm putting my Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013 MacBook Pro up for sale and replacing it with the new 16GB M1 right after the holidays. My main work machine is a 2019 iMac Pro that's loaded but it wouldn't surprise me if the new 13" MacBook Pro is faster on a lot of things. 

I'm going to take some heat for this post from the Apple haters and pessimists, and I probably wouldn't jump in this fast if I didn't have another machine to do most of my work on, but I'm going for it.  If it works as well as I think it will I'll probably also buy an M1 Mac Mini to use as a network rendering machine, then hold on until they release some pro equipment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines