Highlighted

Make a top layer only apply to the non-transparent parts of png?

New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used camera tracking to track these logos to the wall, and I want to give it some more realism with lighting and make a colored shadow from the pole on the left effect the png there aswell. I have a pre-composition with the logo and I cant figure out how to make the shadow effect only happen on the png. I'm trying to just simply use a dark red blurred solid layer for the shadow. I feel like this is so simple for how long I've been using after effects but it's slipping my mind. lol

Annotation 2020-05-28 174631.png

Annotation 2020-05-28 174433.png

  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Make a top layer only apply to the non-transparent parts of png?

New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used camera tracking to track these logos to the wall, and I want to give it some more realism with lighting and make a colored shadow from the pole on the left effect the png there aswell. I have a pre-composition with the logo and I cant figure out how to make the shadow effect only happen on the png. I'm trying to just simply use a dark red blurred solid layer for the shadow. I feel like this is so simple for how long I've been using after effects but it's slipping my mind. lol

Annotation 2020-05-28 174631.png

Annotation 2020-05-28 174433.png

  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out! put the shadow layer in between 2 duplicates of the logo and set the shadow track matte to the alpha (Logo).

Maybe this will help someone else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can apply lights and use blend modes. Shadows will not effect 2D layers and you can turn off their effect on 3D layers by selecting the layer and pressing AA. Please spend some time with the User Guide. There are some basic tutorials that explain the workflow. 

Also, an uncropped screenshot that shows the modified properties of the layers that are giving you problems would help us understand any problems that may be in your workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0