Make my logos animated

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning everyone! New to adobe products and am using After Effects for the first time. Need help getting my logo animated for a highlight video Im putting together. I seriously need some hep with implementing animations and effects. Can someone please help!?!?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Make my logos animated

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning everyone! New to adobe products and am using After Effects for the first time. Need help getting my logo animated for a highlight video Im putting together. I seriously need some hep with implementing animations and effects. Can someone please help!?!?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense, but your post is rather pointless. At the very least you need to show people your logo so they can fire ideas at you on how to animate it. That said, even such advice can't replace actually learning the basics or else you simply don't know what we are talking about, so with all due respect, please do due diligence and start by reading the online help and watching the basic tutorials linked there along with potentially looking up otehr tutorials on the Internet, then come back with specific questions.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your comment was pointless. You added nothing to what I'm trying to accomplish you're just being negative. I already know the basics of this program smartass just would like insight from people who are already experienced using the tool. 

[abuse removed by moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing what your logo looks like (or knowing other useful information like what industry it's for, target market, etc.), we can't give any suggestions on how to animate it. If it's a kids YouTube show, the suggestions for animating it are going to be very different than if you're a financial planner focused on helping folks meet their retirement goals or a basketball player wanting to show off your best dunks.

We literally cannot give you any useful suggestions at all yet.

You said you're new to Adobe products and that you're using After Effects for the very first time in your initial post, but then you told Mylenium that you know the basics already. Those are two different things. How long have you been using AE for and what training do you already have under your belt? Knowing your skill level will help us offer suggestions that aren't over your head or too condescending.

While Mylenium may have worded his post a bit bluntly, his main point (that we can't help you with the information we've been given) is valid. We would like to help, but we currently cannot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the feedback

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw I am new. I know the basics about After Effetcs. It's used for animation of graphics, logos, etc.. but yesterday was my 1st day ACTUALLY using the tool.Tried to put transitions into my logo and errors began popping up. That's what I wanted help with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid knowing that After Effects is used for logo animation doesn't qualify as knowing the basics of After Effects. If you make the effort to start learning the program you will one day look back at that statement and laugh, in a good way.   It's an extremely complex and set of tools used for many things, one of which is simple mograph work, but mostly for post production compositing & visual effects.  If you decide to stick with it and become more proficient you will realize at some point that there is a baseline level of knowledge required to even be able to ask questions about it.  For one so that experienced users are able to understand what you are asking and more importantly so that you will be able to understand the answers you are given.   If all you knew about AFter Effects was that it's used for animation and logo's then for all intents and purposes you don't know anything.  If you are getting errorrs you should share what those errors are.  Simply saying "i started recieving errors" is not enough information for anyone to be able to help you.  I hope you can understand why.  Play a game in your head and try to anticipate what questions you may be asked in response to that statement:  "What do the errors say?"  "What were yu doing when you recieved the error?"   and provide that information proactively so as to be considerate of other people's time and effort.  Also screenshots always help and always make them of the entire interface and large enough that we can see them.

I think you may have underestimated the requirements of using After Effects. It isn't a tool you can simply open up and start creating.  Sorry.  It's far too complicated. If you're not interested in spending a month or two (yes) learning the basics of the program then i suggest you simply purchase a template from a site like VideoHive and insert your artwork, although be warned, with absolutely zero hands on knowledge of AE even that may be a significant challenge for you.   If you are truly interested in learning I would suggest starting here.  

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/discover/learn/after-effects/beginner/video/get-started-with-after-e...   

~Gutterfish

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
Szalam LATEST
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting transitions into a logo is not the same thing as animating a logo and you didn't mention anything about any errors. So, if that's what you need help with, great!

What errors were you receiving?

What sort of "transitions" were you trying to put "into" your logo?

But, really, if this is your first day using it, you really need to start with learning the basics. It will take a couple of months to get to grips with the foundational elements before you can really start creating your own stuff. AE is a lot more complicated than most people realize when they're first starting out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Number of possible logo designs: 10 * 10,000

Number of possible ways to animate a logo for a highlight video: 10 * 10,000

Value of the time I am willing to take out of my day to explain the procedure for one or two of the possible combinations of those variables: $10

The likelihood that I point you to an efficient workflow that meets your design goals and project requirements: One in about a million

The likelihood that someone could point you in the right direction if you provided an example or a description or some screenshots, or anything that told us anything about what you want to design: About 60%

I'm not going to throw the value of my time in the street and hope it sticks to something, but I will tell you that if you are new to AE you should open up the project, if the home screen opens up, click the Learn Link, if you have disabled the home screen, click the Learn Workspace and spend 20 minutes learning how to set up a composition and animate a logo. You could also spend some time with the User Guide

The chance that my post offended you: ??? for your sake, I hope not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 1
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this.  Animate your logo's position so it slides in from left then set a keyframe on the on the rotation.  move forward 3 seconds and and set the rotation to 270 degrees.  Next use the effect "change to color" to make your logo red.  Then blue, then yellow.  Finally set a keyframe scale and opacity...move forward 10 frames, scale the logo up so it fills the entire screen and turn the opacity to zero.  Also use the music Baby Elephant Walk to accompany the animation.  

~Gutterfish

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey so it occurred to me that somebody maybe me could have explained that if you are looking for ideas this isn't really the best place as this forum serves as more of an "unofficial" technical support space than a place to find creative inspiration.  For inspiration you should check space where people share their work like Behance or biteable  check out peoples reels on Youtube.  Many studios also have showreels on their sites. These places are places you can look for something cool or inspiring and then you can share it here to get some feedback on how you might go about it.  You can also check out the lounge for less specific, technical oriented conversations  https://community.adobe.com/t5/the-lounge/bd-p/the-lounge?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all   

Here you can tell us what you want to do and we'll do our best to help you do it, but we can't really tell you WHAT to do.  Logos are everywhere.  Find one you like and post it here with any questions.   Mylinium and Rick in particular woukld normally go out of their way to give lengthy and specific direction and maybe even make you a video showing how to do it. They know alot.  Hopefully you can find something of value in every experience. Every cloud has a silver lining.  It's not how you fall, it's how you land.  I'm thinking of switching to decaf.

~Gutterfish

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 1