• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make small changes to a finished mask, without altering the rest of the tracked mask? (pen tool)

Advocate ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mask of a person's face (profile) while speaking.  (I used the pen tool to create the mask)

The mask is complete (lots of small movements, head turns, etc....) and when I make small adjustments to the mask, and start clicking the track button, frame by frame:

Problem is, the other parts of the mask start moving in the wrong directions.  Slighty moving, but enough to ruin my prior work.

Is there a way to lock in a finished mask, so no lines move from original tracking.... and make small changes to one little segment?

The regular 'lock mask' will lock the whole mask.  I hope there is a way to make a change on one section without damaging the rest of the tracked mask?  OR must always start from scratch and do the whole mask over again from the begining for a simple adjustment?

Thanks for reading and your advice.

Best,

Letty

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Don't bother editing the mask. Start a new mask for those tiny details and use mask modes to join/ intersect or whatever them. Conversely, duplicating the layer and then combining individual bits would work as would simply using the combined result of multiple masks as a track matte.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't bother editing the mask. Start a new mask for those tiny details and use mask modes to join/ intersect or whatever them. Conversely, duplicating the layer and then combining individual bits would work as would simply using the combined result of multiple masks as a track matte.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds about right.

I was looking for some magic button that would lock all the existing points and let me change the ones I want to. 

Now that would be a very cool new feature.  Are you reading this Adobe Techs? 😉

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines