Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a custom auto resizing text box

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

So I want to create something like this: Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-10 um 13.20.12.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-02-10 um 13.20.12.png

but animated, as an auto-resizing Textbox in After Effects. Creating an auto-resizing textbox from a rectangle is easy enough using expressions,  but I just can't figure out a way to create the "torn ends" or use my own shape instead of just a rectangle for this. Is there a way that I'm just not seeing or is this really just as complicated as I think it is?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing complicated about it. You are just not considering that the custom ends simply can exist as a separate layer. And that's basically the answer: You re-use the match that resizes the central box on the positions of the two ends, give or take a few modifications and then you are free to modify and style them as you want.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it took me a while to get to trying that, thank you for the suggestion! Bu to be honest, I've tried now for hours and I can't get it to work. Because it's been so long, I've described my new problem in a seperate forum post here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/link-objects-to-autoscaling-boxes/m-p/11973733

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines