Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making clones of myself doing the exact same things

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Is it possible to make a clone out of myself, in a way that I kinda just cut around the border of my body, copy and paste so that I have an army of myself doing the same actions at the same time? (I saw those clone videos using masking where each clone is doing different things or they can interact with each other, but that's not what I want.) Imagine an army of stormtroopers walking and doing everything exactly at the same time. I want to do that by cloning myself. Is that possible? (Solution using other programs are also welcome!)

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first step is removing the background. If the footage has been carefully shot then this can be fairly easy. If there is little care taken when shooting the shot then the task of removing the background in a 10-second shot can climb from 10 minutes to 10 days pretty easily. I'm not joking at all about the 10 days. 

Once you have removed the background so that the actor (you) is the only thing in the shot, all you have to do is duplicate the footage as many times as you like and change the position of each copy. Then you need a suitable background that doesn't have anything in it so you can put the copies of the actors in the scene.

Show us the shot you are working with and we can point you to an efficient workflow. I'm not going to go over the 20 or so different techniques that I commonly use to separate things from the background, but I'll show you how I would handle your shot if I knew what it looked like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines