Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking and removing

Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to follow this tuturial;

https://www.google.com/search?q=after+effects+track+and+remove&rlz=1C1PRFI_enGB732GB732&oq=after+eff...

And my mask is not acting like the person in the video's is, for some reason it's doing this;

(Posted in comment below) 

Any help appriciated

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fig.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What else is going on in the layer? Your screenshot does not reflect the tutorial at all. I would only give that tutorial a C. The workflow was not all that efficient and the explanation of tracking and using the clone tool left a lot to be desired.

When you post a screenshot select the layer that is giving you problems and press the U key twice to show us all modified properties. You could get results like that if you drew a mask then applied freeze-frame at a different time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you reply Rick, I've posted a picture below using U twice as requested.
All I'm doing to creating new comp > Press G for pen tool > Create mask shape > Subtract 

Fig_3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any follow up? Still stuck with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines