• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking CC Cylinder

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having a problem with the CC Cylinder effect. I make LEGO stopmotion movies, and I'm doing digital lip sync talking on a blank LEGO head. I place this video on a cylinder and align it with my minifigure's head so I can rotate it on a cylinder. Whenever I need to mask the digital face, however, (when hair covers it, for example) the mask is applied to the original 2D image, and so it is not properly aligned on the 3D cylinder. So my question is how to properly mask a 3D cylinder. I would REALLY appreciate some help. Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Hi there,

Before masking the Cylinder, precompose it. So, select the layer with the Cylinder, go to Layer > Precompose. Choose the option to "move all attributes to new composition". Now apply your mask to the nested composition layer that has replaced the original layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Before masking the Cylinder, precompose it. So, select the layer with the Cylinder, go to Layer > Precompose. Choose the option to "move all attributes to new composition". Now apply your mask to the nested composition layer that has replaced the original layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Thank you very much for your suggestion. It has fixed my problem perfectly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines