Highlighted

Masking Not Working In One Layer

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure how to word this, and screenshots won't capture the problem correctly, but all the masks in one layer of my precomp have stopped working. They work porperly on the timeline, but they're not...masking? Like, they're not covering up what they need to, and then revealling it. I'm not sure if I've clicked something by accident, but it's just the masks on this one layer, and they still show up and 'work' on the timeline, just there's no effect! I'm really stumped!!!!!

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Masking Not Working In One Layer

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure how to word this, and screenshots won't capture the problem correctly, but all the masks in one layer of my precomp have stopped working. They work porperly on the timeline, but they're not...masking? Like, they're not covering up what they need to, and then revealling it. I'm not sure if I've clicked something by accident, but it's just the masks on this one layer, and they still show up and 'work' on the timeline, just there's no effect! I'm really stumped!!!!!

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the mask options in the Layer on the timeline and make sure you have the correct behavior set for what you need the mask to do.

Captura de pantalla 2020-09-13 a la(s) 23.26.57.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have a problem with the layer the first thing you should do is solo the layer and then press 'uu' to reveal all modified properties. Carefully look at what shows up, turn off effects, change switches, or make adjustments until the problem goes away. If Byron is correct, one or all of your masks are improperly set up. It could also be something else. If you can't figure it out we need that screenshot - the problem layer with all the modified properties revealed. (uu)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0