Highlighted

masking using a composition layer

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im new to after effects. I was just experimenting and came across what is probably pretty easy but Im not sure what I did and cant figure out how to do it again. I have a composition in a layer and a solid color layer underneith and somehow I used composition to mask out the layer below. Not sure what I did and where to look. Any suggetions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

masking using a composition layer

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im new to after effects. I was just experimenting and came across what is probably pretty easy but Im not sure what I did and cant figure out how to do it again. I have a composition in a layer and a solid color layer underneith and somehow I used composition to mask out the layer below. Not sure what I did and where to look. Any suggetions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you set up a track matte. Enable the first two icons in the bottom left corner of the timeline panel so we can see both the Modes and Switches columns, press Shift + F4 so we can see the parent/link column, select the layers that are giving you problems, and press 'uu' to reveal all modified properties of the selected layers, then take a full screenshot and embed it in the forum using the toolbar so we can see what you are trying to get us to see. 

If you are very new to AE, open up the Learn workspace and spend 20 minutes familiarizing yourself with the UI and standard workflows. You should also spend a few hours with the User Guide. AE is almost impossible to figure out unless you do some homework.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0