Highlighted

Mass delete properties from a Essential Graphics template/panel?

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! Is there a quick, easy way to delete all (or several) of the properties on a essential graphics panel/template in AE 2020? I can go through and select them one by one and delete them, but that gets really old when you have to do it a ton (and have 50ish controls in the panel). Built in UI method woudl be fine, but if there is a way to do it through code, that would work too.

Topics

Expressions, How to, Scripting, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mass delete properties from a Essential Graphics template/panel?

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! Is there a quick, easy way to delete all (or several) of the properties on a essential graphics panel/template in AE 2020? I can go through and select them one by one and delete them, but that gets really old when you have to do it a ton (and have 50ish controls in the panel). Built in UI method woudl be fine, but if there is a way to do it through code, that would work too.

Topics

Expressions, How to, Scripting, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the properties in the Timeline - CTRL+Click to select multiple props and then hit the Delete Key.

HTH

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that. I can select multiple in the timeline (which I can't do in Essential Graphics Panel), but when I hit delete on the keyboard it deletes the whole comp, not the controllers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Bad. Deleting multiple EGP props in the Timeline works as expected (ie no side effects) only with Expression Controls AND these do not affect other active Expressions.

Looks like you are trying to delete at least one inherent property (an inherent property is a property that exists when a layer is created) and this will delete the Layer.

Looks like you'll have to do the deletes one at a time since there is no multiple selection capability within the EGP.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be done with a script that combs through a EGP template and deletes them that way? I know there is a function to add controls to the panel, but couldn't tell if there was one to delete them?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with writing scripts. There's a Script at aescripts which assists with developing MoGRTs but I have no idea what features it has.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines