Highlighted

Master Property names not showing correctly in Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I renamed my Master Properties in the Essential Graphics Panel. But it is only showing up with the original controller title like Slider, Menu or Angle. Worked flawlessly before the latest update. Did I miss something or just a bug?

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Master Property names not showing correctly in Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I renamed my Master Properties in the Essential Graphics Panel. But it is only showing up with the original controller title like Slider, Menu or Angle. Worked flawlessly before the latest update. Did I miss something or just a bug?

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots, info on what properties are linked, how the effects were renamed and all that. No point asking blanket questions. So far nobody has even mentioned this, so something specific is going on.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not much to see. Properties range from rotation to custom sliders and menus. But I just noticed changing the name and changing it back seems to update the master property. Kinda annoying to repeat that for dozens of compositions...

screenshot_adobe.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Changing the name in the essential graphics panel updates the name. But using the comp in a new comp changes the names back to the default for this comp.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and it's very annoying. Names of properties are gone in my existing project using master properties. When I update the name of a property in the Essential Grpahic Panel, the name is updated on the nested comp. Very annoying to do that on all my Master properties. 

And if I drop a second time the same comp I already corrected, it looses the names (screenshot)... What's going on ?

2020-09-22 16_15_32-Window.png2020-09-22 16_20_52-Window.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone been able to solve this? I have the exact same issue. Renaming the property in the essential graphics back to "slider" and then typing the name I want updates it only for my current session. If I quit and re-open Ae all my Master Properties are back to "slider"/"checkbox" etc.

Someone please provide a solution, it's so frustrating!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Latest release notes say "Fixed an issue with Master Properties that was causing the push and pull buttons to be grayed out after keyframe interpolation changes." — maybe this got broken while fixing that? I wish this would be fixed — super annoying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 1