• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maximum width for exporting videos through Media Encoder & Black Screen on Quick Time

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear you all. I'm working with a composition that is 22.656px X 72px, when I set it to render through Media Encoder (h264) the max. width i get is of 16.384px X 52px under matching source. When I try to expand the width manually, I can't get it right either.

If I set it to render through Media Encoder (Quick Time), I get the right size but I can't play the video on Quick Time. When I export directly from AE (Render List), I can't also play the video on Quick Time. It's just a black screen.

I did some research and also installed a "Pro Video Formats 2.1.1", but that did not work either.

I would be very happy if you guys could help me with any tip.

I have to send it as h264 or proress.

Thank you very much in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't circumevent the specs and limitations of the video formats. There's nothing wrong. Whatever file you need to provide likely uses an out-of-spec custom derivative of MP4, not a generic format such as Adobe apps produce it. You have to talk to whoever wants this.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen anything render with a sub-pixel resolution for one or more of its axes. Double check that there is no type and then double check with your client.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no such thing as half a pixel in video or on the web. There is something wrong with the specification. A video that is going to be compressed also needs to be an even number of pixels high and wide or the compressor will make it so and completely screw up any horizontal and vertical detail in the frame. If the Compressor doesn't stretch the image it will add an empty line to even out the pixel count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines