Media Encoder 2020 not connecting to After Effects 2020

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try exporting my ae project to ame the program will open but my project won't be added to the queue. I also tried adding my project in ame instead of from ae, it gets stuck trying to connect to the project ( I think thats to do with the dynamic link?) Everything is up to date update wise including my mac. I'm not sure if this helps but here's what version everything is on for me right now:

macOs Catalina 10.15.4

After Effects 2020 17.0.6

Media Encoder 2020 14.1

I tried fixing the problem myself but everything I was reading didn't make sense, sorry if I haven't provided the right information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug that has not been fixed yet as far as I am aware, you must go back one version of After Effects and Media encoder. In my testing cuing does work if I use no 3rd party plugins but as soon as I add one (any) it no longer works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, how did they not test this before releasing? I'm having the same issue too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup same issue here, added a plugin ( freebee from copilot ) and my AME failed to connect.... VERY frustrating!! please fix this issue Adobe.. paying a monthly fee for a program/suite and then make it unusable is not ok.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Very frustrating, as I've just renewed my annual plan. It is not OK to pay for a product that doesn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I see below they are offering access to the beta version of AE 2020. I have uninstalled the latest version and will see if this works. Thanks. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clover2,

Please make sure to update both After Effects and Media Encoder because that's very important for the apps to talk to each other.

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We understand that this isn’t an ideal situation for you and the After Effects team has been working hard to fix it. The good news is that they are testing a fix in the latest beta build of After Effects. If you’re interested to give it a shot, you can download the beta version from your Creative Cloud desktop application. Choose the Beta apps category on the left side in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Beta apps are a separate install and don’t interfere with other Adobe apps.

More info on public beta:
Blog: https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-public-beta/
FAQ: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Let us know if the beta version fixes this for you.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the update. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Thanks for the proposed solution. As I do not feel comfortable installing a beta right now, nor have the time to do a separate install of all my plugins for that beta, I was wondering if there is an estimate for when this issue will be resolved. This is heavily affecting my workflow.

Funnny thing: I always wait for a few weeks after Adobe releases updates for CC, since past bugs made me wary of installing straight away. Last week I thought, I have waited long enough, let's update. Apparently that was just enough time for this disastrous update to sneak in between the last update I waited out and the moment I updated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that's an inconvenience. Sorry, but there is no ETA. The good news is users have verified that the feature is working fine in the beta release. Possibly it'll be fixed in the upcoming release.

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions. 

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate you fixing the problem I have a few really important concens:

1. This is not some small glitch or bug, it it a failure for the application to work. If we can't render our videos in Encoder, how are we supposed to work?

2. This critical problem was not seen in testing, I mean it doesn't render our work when we use effects, how could this have possibly not been seen in testing?

3. With no ETA, how are we supposed to work? Especially as we all are now forced to pay a monthly subscription for currently broken software. There should be an immediate patch for this problem, its not a 'nice to have feature' that can be casually released some time in the future.

Utterly bewildering how this has been handled

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Nishu.

I have to agree with lucc97529653 here. This is not some minor bug, but a complete failure of the application to work. Calling this an 'inconvenience' seems to me a gross misunderstanding at Adobe of how essential the now broken function of AME is and is slightly disrespectful to our concerns and the hours we are losing due to this issue.

Why can 'security issues' be patched straight away, but for a functional error to be fixed we have to wait for the next release? Especially since, apparently, the issue has already been resolved in the beta? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I was going crazy trying to figure out if it was an issue with my files not being able to render via AME. Glad to know it wasn't on my side.

Though I have to agree with lucc97529653 and StudioGAAR, this is a HUGE failure in the Adobe software, and indeed it feels disrespectful to our time and money not to give the IMPORTANCE to fix this issue as soon as possible, as this isn't a cheap software, and our work depends on being able to figure our way around a currently broken software to be able to deliver.

It is a shame....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear StudioGAAR,

I'm sorry, we definitely do not mean to be disrespectful towards the valuable time you and other users are losing because of this ongoing and crippling software issue - during these already complicated times. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to get everything back to working in a fashion you can expect from us, as our loyal customer paying a hefty yearly sum. We will constantly update you on this and the other AME issues that are currently rendering (ha!) our program almost useless.

...is a reply I would have very much appreciated and honestly expected. In stead: deafening silence.

Cavalry, Affinity, Sketch and DaVinci Resolve are starting to sound better and better for suiting my designing, animating and editing needs. 🙋

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, I actually thought this was a legit reply for a minute.

Yeah I don't know of a proffesional designer/artist that wouldn't jump ship from Adobe if there was a viable alternative in a heart beat. They couldn't give a monkeys about supporting or helping their pro customers. They just want to do the bare minimum development of the products for proffesional use and get as many people on subsription by trying to attract casuals.

If you look at all the feature requests and bugs, they have all been around for years, and Adobe do none of them, but keep adding crap we don't want/have never asked for. home button, adobe stock library thing, non shift scale etc. Non of this is useful, give us multithreading, modern web codecs, like AV1 and WebM, expandable nests of comps in the time line etc. All this stuff would be really usefull, and has been requested for years.

Though to be honest right now I'd settle for a working version of Media encoder, so I can actually do some work. We can dream!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please just release a hotfix for this issue? It's debilitating to my workflow because I can't continue to use AE for anything else - plus there's no .mp4 support from AE so now I have to re-encode the same video twice! I've lost so many hours of work because of this bug.

I can get some videos to import in Media Encoder while others refuse to... it seems to come down to the effect types being used in the project, but I'm not even using 3rd party plugins.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this same problem for at least on and of a year from now. It started on my MacBook pro and now recently appeared on my main working station Imac. Like everyone says this is a major issue that deserves a swift response. It's literally costing people money.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't confirm that.

I downloaded After Effects Beta as well as Media Encode Beta.

If I do "File > Export > Add to media encoder queue" nothing happens. If I manually add it from within AME (Beta) it crashes.

I also tried using the latest version of AME together with AE (Beta). Same outcome.

Please tell me how I can fix this. I can't export videos but I am relying on that. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

I have installed the beta version for both AE and Media Encoder with no success. I'm using a Mac running Mojave. It sucks not being able to render directly to the final desired format. Adobe really needs to investigate further what is causing this problem.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fernando_Filoso,

Which version of the After Effects and Media Encoder you're using? Also, do you see any error message?

We'd love to help you out.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot export the project that I previously exported in any way. Bravo adobe you did a very bad job. The money we pay you as a company every year is for nothing. i tryed everything in this page or others to fix this problem but again nothing. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

After Effects 17.1 fixed this bug. Can you please update to After Effects 17.1 and let us know if the issue is resolved for you?

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this issue with After Effect 17.1.0 and Media Encoder 14.2. This is a new machine and the software was a fresh install from Creative Cloud in the past couple of weeks. I have not installed any third party anything into my Adobe products.

I uninstalled the products and reinstalled them and the afert effects can now send to media encoder. SMH

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting, mandydroid-.

Best,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines