• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder is only using 25% of cpu and no gpu power to render my AE Project

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently try to export a video trough AME in h.264 but it would take over 100h to finish and basicly uses close to nothing of my sytem power and I really cant find the problem here.

Specs:

AMD Ryzan 7 2700x

16 GB Ram

SSD 500 gb(with the disk cache)

2 TB HDD (where the project and source file is)

GTX 1080 Ti

Im using the Trapcode Particular effect in this project and turned on the GPU acceleration but when I start to export the Video my graphicscard isnt used at all. I cant find any bottleneck either. The ram is also barly used (7 GB). I also selected the cuda engine in AME. The source file ist already in h246/mp4

Hope someone can help me with this problem.

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

There is no problem. That's just the "Matroska effect" effectively disabling all kinds of accelerated features and reverting everything to software-only modes. It's basically Particular vs. AE's accelerated effects vs. AME's accelerated encoding and they are all vying for the same resources and causing conflicts. I could write a longwinded explanation, but suffice it to say that you will have to accept it and there likely is nothing you can do.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no problem. That's just the "Matroska effect" effectively disabling all kinds of accelerated features and reverting everything to software-only modes. It's basically Particular vs. AE's accelerated effects vs. AME's accelerated encoding and they are all vying for the same resources and causing conflicts. I could write a longwinded explanation, but suffice it to say that you will have to accept it and there likely is nothing you can do.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition so Mylenium, many users are rendering their projects directly out to AE as image sequence using 3rd party rendermanager like RenderGarden, RenderBoss or BG Renderer 2 to overcome the bottleneck of AEs renderpipeline.

Afterwards, the image sequence goes back to the project, all layers except audio and image sequence gets switched off and this goes to AME to make it a movie file. Now AME renders nearly realtime.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Martin,

I do my rendering out of AE with BG Renderer Max (this is the succesor for BG Renderer 2). With this little script you can let the script automatically join the image sequence (via FFMPEG) and the scripts output is than a movie-file (it is even possible to enclose the sound). So this tool safes many ours of work. I did a comparison of render speed (AE old PC, AE Media Encoder new PC and AE BG Renderer Max) and described in a blog-post by me. If you are interested feel free to visit my blog post directly with link: https://5bp.de/5bp/ein-neuer-pc-fuer-5bp-teil-2-die-performance/

Many greetings from Germany

Dirk from Five-Birds Photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines