• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MEDIA ENCODER STOPPED RENDERING!! PLEASE HELP!!

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I've spent about 5 hours working on after effects to compile a 20 second video (it has tons of effects, transitions, overlays, etc.) and I've spent over an hour trying to fix this rendering issue I have: when I export to adobe media encoder and start rendering, it will render the first clip and then freeze when rendering the second clip then it just stops rendering. Neither after effects nor media encoder crash, media just stops rendering it. It doesn't give an error/fail message, it just stops, is there a way to fix this problem? Or is there anything that I can get rid of that might be causing the problem? Please help!!
TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you check the load balance of CPU and memory to find the cause? You open Task Manager app for Windows and Activity Monitor for Mac. If the task is too heavy for your PC, you need to improve your hardware spec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I think it might have to do with encoder because I was able to render 3-30min videos at anytime, until I updated. Now I can barely render a 2minute video but have have to change settings to 720p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It'll render a few clips in queue, but the whole application crashes after an hour or so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what I was able to get to work for me. Your mileage may vary. When my Media Encoder would stop rendering I would click the "pause" button to pause the rendering operation that had stopped anyway. Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager. Under "Background Processes" you'll see Adobe After Effects. Click on it and then click "End task". AE will come right back up but it will be at much lower memory use. Un-pause your render job in ME and after a few seconds it should start going again. This happens when total memory in my system gets around 75% used and AE is using 15gb of that. There's more than enough memory to spare and I don't know why ME decides to quit when AE gets that high but it did. You do have to babysit your render job to repeat this proces but it worked on my end /shrug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines