Highlighted

Mercury Transmit randomly stops and starts working

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wonding if anybody else shares this issue. Whenever I'm using After Effects (I'm using latest version (17.5), but this has been happening for years), my video playback monitor stops mercury transmitting and brings up my computer desktop. (I say that because it's not an issue with the monitor itself crashing--the monitor is still on when it stops transmitting). Then, just as randomly, the monitor will begin mercury transmitting again a few minutes later. This happens continuously as I'm working.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

i9-9900k 8-core

RTX 2080 Black Edition (8GB VRAM)

64GB 3500mhz DDR4 RAM

ROG Maximus XI Wi-Fi MoBo

1920x1080 (x2) monitors + 3840x2160 client monitor

I have a theory that mercury transmit is "crashing" when it maxes out my VRAM (8GB). However, this theory doesn't hold up when I am watching my control panel. According to the control panel, I've never seen my VRAM above 6GB, and it usually hovers at 2GB. Even when pushing to three monitors, (Two 1080, one 4K), the graphs don't seem to indicate my GPU is being maxed out.

Adding to the confusion, mercury transmit never turns off while using Premiere. Only After Effects.

Is anyone else having an issue similar to this? And more importantly, how do I solve this? Upgrade GPU? Upgrade something else?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mercury Transmit randomly stops and starts working

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wonding if anybody else shares this issue. Whenever I'm using After Effects (I'm using latest version (17.5), but this has been happening for years), my video playback monitor stops mercury transmitting and brings up my computer desktop. (I say that because it's not an issue with the monitor itself crashing--the monitor is still on when it stops transmitting). Then, just as randomly, the monitor will begin mercury transmitting again a few minutes later. This happens continuously as I'm working.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

i9-9900k 8-core

RTX 2080 Black Edition (8GB VRAM)

64GB 3500mhz DDR4 RAM

ROG Maximus XI Wi-Fi MoBo

1920x1080 (x2) monitors + 3840x2160 client monitor

I have a theory that mercury transmit is "crashing" when it maxes out my VRAM (8GB). However, this theory doesn't hold up when I am watching my control panel. According to the control panel, I've never seen my VRAM above 6GB, and it usually hovers at 2GB. Even when pushing to three monitors, (Two 1080, one 4K), the graphs don't seem to indicate my GPU is being maxed out.

Adding to the confusion, mercury transmit never turns off while using Premiere. Only After Effects.

Is anyone else having an issue similar to this? And more importantly, how do I solve this? Upgrade GPU? Upgrade something else?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you already tried replacing the cable it connects with? It may seem silly but try that first.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that. (I should have put that in the original post.) Thanks for the response anyway!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0