Highlighted

Mercury Transmit/Video Preview Bug

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing this posted more and more lately, so I'm glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this.  CC 2019 and recent updates have broken the mercury transmit feature.  As of now, I open the preferences to switch my preview to a new monitor and when I hit okay, nothing happens.  I open the preferences panel again and just see this:

Capture.JPG

No mater what I do it deselects any monitor I choose.  Sometimes it defaults to Monitor 2 (which isn't the one I want) and still nothing even shows up on that screen.  Was working perfectly before so this most recent updates must have broken it.  Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet?  I've reinstalled all my drivers, all my programs, and I'm comfortable saying this is a bug with After Effects, not my system. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mercury Transmit/Video Preview Bug

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing this posted more and more lately, so I'm glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this.  CC 2019 and recent updates have broken the mercury transmit feature.  As of now, I open the preferences to switch my preview to a new monitor and when I hit okay, nothing happens.  I open the preferences panel again and just see this:

Capture.JPG

No mater what I do it deselects any monitor I choose.  Sometimes it defaults to Monitor 2 (which isn't the one I want) and still nothing even shows up on that screen.  Was working perfectly before so this most recent updates must have broken it.  Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet?  I've reinstalled all my drivers, all my programs, and I'm comfortable saying this is a bug with After Effects, not my system. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 12, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sorry about this Locomotive. We have identified this issue and are working on a fix.

For After Effects, please upvote here: Mercury Transmit issue in 16.1 – Adobe video & audio apps

The issue is the same on Premiere Pro and are related.

If on WIN, and if possible, can you please upvote this Premiere Pro bug to give it more traction?: BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Windows – Adobe video & audio apps

For those having the issue on Premiere Pro for Mac, upvote this bug: BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Mac OS 10.13.6 – Adobe video & aud...

Thank You,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear this has been picked up as an issue and a fix is being worked on - we can't ask for more than that and I look forward to this being rolled out. Interestingly though, in my case Premiere Pro seems to be working fine - for me the issue is just limited to After effects. I'm on Windows 10, specs as quoted on the AE bug report link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this bug?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this bug!?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hell no. I got a technician to help me out over two weeks ago. I

demonstrated the bug. Then he said he'd get back. Haven't heard a peep.. .

Have resorted to using a third party piece of software that clones various

monitor set ups in order to have a client viewing monitor. Adobe don't seem

interested in offering a discount for defective software that I paid in

full for each month... Pretty cool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2019 1
Explorer ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just really surprised such a basic and essential feature has gone unaddressed for this long.  Considering we're less and less able to use legacy Adobe products, this isn't the most comforting omen.  I didn't think I would have to be telling my clients and boss that I can't do quick previews on the TV like we've been doing for years because it doesn't work right now; I made this post over a month ago and it was broken well before that.  I'm truly shocked it hasn't been fixed with a quick patch yet.  I find this unacceptable for the amount of money invested in these products.  I understand that things break and software is difficult, but there had a been a steady and noticeable decline in the quality of each Adobe update.  To the point that it takes months to fix something like this.  The technical debt in Adobe software is getting concerning.  I love this software and it has provided me with a career for over 10 years- but damn does it suck to see the quality decline so rapidly....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running on PP on a late 2013 Mac Pro OS 10.13.6 w/ AMD FirePro D500.  Mercury transmit was working just fine then, I think even after updated Adobe software to 13.1.2, until an unknown reason crash––then transmit stopped working. Maybe it did stop working after the update but I do think it was working OK up until the crash.  Please please fix!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone else is experiencing this bug still, please post here to bring attention to the problem.  Apparently this is not a priority to fix. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please vote and describe your issue here so Adobe can see how widespread and necessary it is to fix this problem:

Mercury Transmit issue in 16.1 – Adobe video & audio apps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three identical monitors. In version 13.0.3 everything works fine. Updated to 13.1.2. Premiere uses the settings of the previous version and Mercury works on the monitor I need. But keyboard shortcuts doesn't work (don't know why — same bug on few PC's). I reset settings (Alt + Shift + Click) and — Bam! — Transmit is stuck. On the monitor, which I do not need. Without the ability to change this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2019 0