Highlighted

Mini-tutorial: how to add a background to text - preset

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this belongs here, but I thought I'd share it in case there is anyone trying to figure this out:

https://youtu.be/hjxGLOWrmD4

This quick tutorial shows you how to combine several effects to generate a background for any text layer you add to an After Effects comp. Once you've made the simple version, you can save it as an Animation Preset. I then go on to show how to use a Gradient Ramp in the preset to give the background a bit more depth. Finally I use Expressions to set where the gradient starts and ends, so that it matches the text.

This quick tutorial shows you how to combine several effects to generate a background for any text layer you add to an After Effects comp.Once you've made th...
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mini-tutorial: how to add a background to text - preset

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this belongs here, but I thought I'd share it in case there is anyone trying to figure this out:

https://youtu.be/hjxGLOWrmD4

This quick tutorial shows you how to combine several effects to generate a background for any text layer you add to an After Effects comp. Once you've made the simple version, you can save it as an Animation Preset. I then go on to show how to use a Gradient Ramp in the preset to give the background a bit more depth. Finally I use Expressions to set where the gradient starts and ends, so that it matches the text.

This quick tutorial shows you how to combine several effects to generate a background for any text layer you add to an After Effects comp.Once you've made th...
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 21, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the community, ShiveringCactus. This definitely belongs here.

Loved the puppet 💖. Did you create it in Character Animator?

Feel free to share more content. I'd love to feature it and your profile in our monthly community recap.

Best,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you for the welcome. I have been making AE tutorials for about a year, I'll try not to swamp the forums, but I'll start posting links to them here too.

The puppet was my way of not having to set up a camera, lights etc and instead focus on the tutorial.  He's become a brand for me :). He is mainly shape layers in AE, DUIK to move his arms, his eyes and blinking are expressions and I do use Character Animator for the audio analysis to generate the mouth shapes.  His head wobbles using an expression which checks what the mouth is doing.  The puppet is the last element I add and takes about 15 minutes, as all the work is set up already.  I know some people don't like it, but others do and it adds a bit of fun.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great implementation! Love it. 

Keep up the awesomeness.

Best,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0