• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Font After Effects CC 2018

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently updated my After Effects to CC 2018 and I have been having a couple of issues. But I just want to focus on this one problem where it can't locate one specific font. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the font, and I am able to use it in InDesign and Illustrator with no problem, but according to After Effects, the file can't be located and when you look through the type families, it cannot be found. What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi alejandrom,

Sorry for your issue!

We are working to fix this problem. Meanwhile, here are the instructions to install the previous version: FAQ: How do I reinstall a previous version of After Effects?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug.  Certain PostScript typefaces do not work in AE CC Version 15.1.0.

The fix: revert to Version 15.0.1.

And don't assume that when Adobe issues a new update that everything will work as well as it did before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dave thanks for your answer! How do I revert to Version 15.0.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If no one provides a link, I'm afraid you will have to look it up.  I don't know.

I personally run a fully-updated version of Creative Cloud 2017 with absolutely no problems.

It is my policy to stay one version behind the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alejandrom,

Sorry for your issue!

We are working to fix this problem. Meanwhile, here are the instructions to install the previous version: FAQ: How do I reinstall a previous version of After Effects?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea on the timeline for this fix Rameez? Huge PIA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can we expect a fix?

This is such a huge oversight to have launched the latest version without someone noticing postscript fonts don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still not fixed? Annoying AF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely laughable. We were warned when you went to subscription that we'd be trapped and bug fixes would become "low priority".

Seriously, this is the last straw. Looking at the alternatives to this "Professional" app and the creative cloud in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any solution to this matter. this is unacceptable for this to be going on so long. I have a TTF that is installed on my system and AE will not find it in 18. When I open the same file in 17 the fonts work. What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue with fonts on my system not being recognized by AE. Extremely aggravating. Adobe Illustrator has no problem seeing the fonts. So maybe some folks from the the AI team could come over and show the AE team how it's done? ; b

Seriously, the fonts I'm using aren't anything out of the ordinary. Not only that, you can't scroll through the list of fonts when you toggle the pulldown menu in the character palette. This seems like something that should have been caught on the first beta test.

And now we can't keep a previous version of AE on the same OS if you're using the latest Mac OSX. Thought I learned my lesson years ago, always stay one version behind. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP ADOBE! Wasting precious work hours on this.

-Bw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over two months and still no fix ?

This is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on the font issue. I have several days work on a project and dont want to loose my work if I have to go back to an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you absolutely kidding ME! Are you completely MAD Adobe!. Really, postscript fonts don't work...... they worked for 20 years before! And this issue was raised in March and still no FIX! Crazy insane, OMG, like do you have any standards for testing before launching? Still not working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Only the regular form of the font is available, the rest of the family is not. How can that be? I don't get it. They are all true type but only one shows up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Correct Answer' is incorrect as the versions that work with the fonts don't appear in the previous versions list.
AE CC Version 15.1.0. doesn't appear.

The only one I can install doesn't open my current project because it is too old.

How can this still be a problem and why am I still paying full price subscription for something that doesn't work properly?

Useless.

Any work around that does work is urgently needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the same problem and it's driving me nuts.

Please can the adobe AF team make this a priority...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS STILL A PROBLEM!

My active fonts from Adobes own font page appear in Photoshop and illustrator but not in Premiere or After Effects!

My production has almost come to a halt. Now I have to do this crazy work around through Photoshop! I'd love to just animate my text in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to uninstall and re-install, then they showed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL HAPPENING

Why? How can a bug of this magnitude last over a year? Please take this seriously!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to september of 2020, roughly 20 months of payed subscription later and still having the same problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's November - what a joke,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now it's January 2021.  Having this same problem right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever resolved????  Having this same problem right now.  January 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines