Highlighted

Missing Scribbling Emergency!!!!!

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am editing a footage where I use the paint brush tool and scribble frame by frame throughout the whole footage. I seperated each clip of my footage with different layers but my paint effect rests in my first clip layer. I think my composition for the painting and scribbling is all in that layer but everytime I reopen my file in after effects, only the first clip shows my scribble and the rest of the edited scribble on my footage is never visible. I somehow randomly press a few layers and the scribbles reapper but it is such a hit or miss. Does anyone know how to fix this issue so that when I open my file I can see all my edited scribble throughout the whole footage because this is HOURs of Manuel Laborrrr. Thank you. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance, Resources, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Missing Scribbling Emergency!!!!!

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am editing a footage where I use the paint brush tool and scribble frame by frame throughout the whole footage. I seperated each clip of my footage with different layers but my paint effect rests in my first clip layer. I think my composition for the painting and scribbling is all in that layer but everytime I reopen my file in after effects, only the first clip shows my scribble and the rest of the edited scribble on my footage is never visible. I somehow randomly press a few layers and the scribbles reapper but it is such a hit or miss. Does anyone know how to fix this issue so that when I open my file I can see all my edited scribble throughout the whole footage because this is HOURs of Manuel Laborrrr. Thank you. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance, Resources, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each shot should be a separate comp. You can then nest each comp in the main comp and sequence them, or better yet, render the comps to a production format, not H.264, and then edit the movie in Premiere Pro. Most of your AE comps should be just one shot. Only make a sequence in a comp if there is no other way to efficiently combine two or more shots. Don't edit movies in After Effects, it's the wrong tool. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0