• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mocha AE Crashes On Startup

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to open Mocha to track a clip.  When I click on the Mocha icon under the effects panel Mocha gives me the "thank you for using mocha" dialogue and then hangs up and abruptly crashes AE completely. I tried trashing the prefs, and re-installing AE multiple times. No dice. Running windows 10, i9 Processor, 2080TI Nvidia card. Everything else in AE works fine.

mocha.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

I got a reply from Boris FX, this fixed it!!

Hello Tom,

Since reinstalling After Effects didn't work, let's try this -- Quickly, go into your Start menu, type 'regedt32' and press Enter -

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Imagineer Systems Ltd\

Inside here, you will see a folder for your mocha installed version (such as "Mocha Pro Plugin 2019") -- with Adobe closed, delete this folder from the Registry.  After this, Restart (if not inconvenient) and re-attempt mocha in a New After Effects project.

Thank yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This GPU is not officially supported by Mocha but I don't think that this is the main problem. Have you tried launching mocha with any other video clip? What is the format and codec of your video clip? You must check also that the cache folder for Mocha is not write protected. I don't remember exactly where the cache folder is but I think you have a folder called MoTempBCC or MoTemp in your C:\\ directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually used Mocha and got one track done two days again, and then yesterday this was happening. So maddening! I tried opening a new project and tried multiple video files and codecs. h264 and prores, same results. I'll check the cache folder also, that's a good tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting the motemp folder, as well as changing the permissions. Mocha still doing the same thing/crashing on startup. I noticed when I uncheck "read only" and then click apply and close the folder, if i right click again the read only box is checked again automatically somehow. Is that my issues? how do i fix this? thanks!

motemp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a reply from Boris FX, this fixed it!!

Hello Tom,

Since reinstalling After Effects didn't work, let's try this -- Quickly, go into your Start menu, type 'regedt32' and press Enter -

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Imagineer Systems Ltd\

Inside here, you will see a folder for your mocha installed version (such as "Mocha Pro Plugin 2019") -- with Adobe closed, delete this folder from the Registry.  After this, Restart (if not inconvenient) and re-attempt mocha in a New After Effects project.

Thank you.

Jon

Technical Support Team

Boris FX / Imagineer Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the solution. I am sure it will be helpful for the other users facing similar issues.

^Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same issue as above but when I go into these folders you mention I see different folders then what you mention. 

Mocha AE CC plugin 6

mocha shaoe converter for AE 3

mocha shaoe converter for AE 6

I got a 2080ti GPU too.

If you have any advice it would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tdawgrooted you're my hero. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and delet the folder you said. after deleting the file same issue is happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as well.  I have tried the regedt, uninstalling adobe CC and reinstalling.  Still nothing.  Any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here Mocha WILL NOT stop crashing, I can track a few frames in and everything wipes out. It is annoying because just today I successfully tracked one part of my project but now it will not stop crashing. I am using a 2,100 Macbook pro that I would like to think should be able to function with mocha. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

after installing after effects i am opening mocha ae ....it showa mocha is starting and crashes immidiately plzzzz i hd really appreciate if anyone solve my problem what to do noww....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines