Highlighted

Mocha AE Tracking Data Not Exporting Correctly

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running into an issue importing tracking data from Mocha AE to a video.

I have a 8ish minute-long video that I tracked a face on with Mocha. The tracking data for the first few minutes comes back fine, over time starts to drift, and eventually goes into random spots in the video (not close to the face). It stays in the same place the entire time in the Mocha interface. This issue is happening on multiple tracking layers on different videos. Video is 1280x720, 25fps and I checked that in both AE and Mocha. 

Thank you!

Correctly tracked:

Correctly trackedCorrectly tracked

Starting to drift:

Starting to drift offStarting to drift off

Completely off:

Random spotRandom spot

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mocha AE Tracking Data Not Exporting Correctly

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running into an issue importing tracking data from Mocha AE to a video.

I have a 8ish minute-long video that I tracked a face on with Mocha. The tracking data for the first few minutes comes back fine, over time starts to drift, and eventually goes into random spots in the video (not close to the face). It stays in the same place the entire time in the Mocha interface. This issue is happening on multiple tracking layers on different videos. Video is 1280x720, 25fps and I checked that in both AE and Mocha. 

Thank you!

Correctly tracked:

Correctly trackedCorrectly tracked

Starting to drift:

Starting to drift offStarting to drift off

Completely off:

Random spotRandom spot

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are tracking an 8-minute shot then I am assuming that the final product will be an 8 minute shot with no cuts and an effect that lasts for the entire 8 minutes. If you are going to cut up the shot then I strongly suggest that you break up the shot into individual comps that have been trimmed so that you are not wasting time tracking and creating visual effects that are never going to be used in the final project.

I am very curious about our workflow and the design goals. Mocha AE can give you corner pin data from a single tracked layer, Position data from a single tracked layer, and mask path data from all of the layers in Mocha. How are you turning the tracking data into position data for the circular graphics in your screenshots? How do you intend to use that data? What was the workflow from Mocha to AE? Where are the screenshots that show us what you did to the layers so we have some idea where the workflow went wrong? Cropped screenshots don't give us any info that we can use to help diagnose the problems. 

Give us some details and maybe we can help. Show us the UI for Mocha and for at least one of the graphic layers so we can see the modified properties. You can do that by selecting the layer and pressing the u key twice. Maybe we can figure out where things went wrong. Because the 5 graphics seem to devolve into a meaningless pattern I think the biggest problem might be the way you set up the tracking in Mocha and got that info into AE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines