Modify background color

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I have to modify the background color of that video in After Effects, do you know how can I do it? Are there some effects that I can use? I have to make it lighter.

Thank you!!

Chris

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

To clarify, are you specifically wanting to change the color of the wall in this shot? Between the texturing and the fact that it's very close to the talent's skin color, it's definitely going to present some challenges. I'm sure we can give you some suggestions, though!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot is awfully tiny and highly compressed but I could do this using just HSL Secondary controls you see in Lumetri. 

Screenshot_2020-07-08 21.44.06_mCzn6K.png

There are all kinds of ways to try and generate a matte but Lumetri can give you quite a bit of control over the tan background.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I've already tried with Lumetri but the result was not as well as yours, I think I'll have to practice more 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you use HSL secondary and view the matte so you can see what colors you are adjusting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines