Highlighted

Modifying Combo Box contents UI on param changed

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just wanted to ask if this is possible - have a combo box parameter (PF_ADD_POPUP) and change the items in UserChangedParam.

Basically, when some other parameter is changed I want to re-populate the combo box with different values (and different number of total items).

This seems to be working, but when I try to do that I get a crash at application close (trying to deallocate memory, wrong acces kind of crash).

TOPICS
Crash, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Modifying Combo Box contents UI on param changed

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just wanted to ask if this is possible - have a combo box parameter (PF_ADD_POPUP) and change the items in UserChangedParam.

Basically, when some other parameter is changed I want to re-populate the combo box with different values (and different number of total items).

This seems to be working, but when I try to do that I get a crash at application close (trying to deallocate memory, wrong acces kind of crash).

TOPICS
Crash, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 14, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I vaguely remember that AE will try to free the amount of entries that were initially used to populate the popup field. So you might try adding the maximum amount of entries you'll ever have already on startup, with any unused entries being set to "", " " or "-" (can't remember which one worked) and setting "num_choices" appropriately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will try that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0