• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mograph: how to make shape transfer mode work in template in Premiere?

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So, I made a mograph template in AE for use in PP. It contains a filled colored shape with a multiply transfer mode. But the transfer mode doesn’t carry on into Premiere. Any solutions it there?

Jake

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

JakobSjobom  wrote

I guess I would have to create two separate templates; one for the shape (that would be blended in PP) and one for the text. Right?

Jake

You can do 2 mogrt files, but for me I would do 1 mogrt and add checkboxes, 1 for the text and another for the shape,

and link the opacity of each to the corresponding checkbox then multiply the expression by 100 as in the attached video.

After you import the  mogrt into premiere, you can make 2 duplicates of it, 1 with only the text checked, ano

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. blending modes are handled internally by the programs and calculated differently. any content involved in such trickery will have to be replaced in AE directly. Your only option would be to re-create the blending by using effects that are able to reference other layers like Channel Combiner, Calculations and so on, but depending on what your project looks like, this can be complicated, as layers might require pre-composing to produce correct results.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh crap. Thanks a lot for your swift reply!

The objective is for the shape layer to act as a bg for bullet points text. I guess I would have to create two separate templates; one for the shape (that would be blended in PP) and one for the text. Right?

Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JakobSjobom  wrote

I guess I would have to create two separate templates; one for the shape (that would be blended in PP) and one for the text. Right?

Jake

You can do 2 mogrt files, but for me I would do 1 mogrt and add checkboxes, 1 for the text and another for the shape,

and link the opacity of each to the corresponding checkbox then multiply the expression by 100 as in the attached video.

After you import the  mogrt into premiere, you can make 2 duplicates of it, 1 with only the text checked, another with only

the shape checked. work with the blending modes in premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Carlosz!

I used your approach, however, I have a slightly different setup, since every text row (i.e. bullet point) needs to have the option to lower the opacity to 70%, after it has "been presented" and it´s "time" to show the next point. But it was for sure a good suggestion! This is my setup:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great it helped ! If you need any other help let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I'm trying to make a mogrt, with text on a shape layer with a multiply blending mode. But I don't want to make separate layers, one for the shape layer, one with the text. How can I recreate a multiply with Channel Combiner, Calculations,... I've never used these before. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines