Highlighted

.mogrt imported to Premiere does not handle JavaScript expression properly

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to make a .mogrt which does some changes to the text using the Expression on Source text. However, I am obviously missing something very basic. In some instances, the original text (which is in the Essential Graphics Source Text field) is gone, and even if I add something in Preimere (using the Essential Graphics parameters), this is not processed correctly.

This morning I boiled it down to the following. I made a composition in AE with one Text layer only. Added the Source Text to the text layer, and added some text. Then added the following script to the expression:

t=text.sourceText;

tres=t;

tres;

This works fine when importing to PR, and when changing the text in the Essential Graphics, this is updated correctly.

Then I copied this layer, and changed the expression to:

t=text.sourceText;

tres=t+"-def";

tres; 

When importing this to PR, the SourceText field in the Essential Graphics panel is empty, and no matter what I enter here, the text is rendered as "-def".

(I did have a much more complex script working, but made a change to this and it stopped working, and I do not understand why).

So if anybody could point me in the right direction, as to why a script which works perfectly in AE, does not work at all in PR.

Thank you

Br

John Erik

TOPICS
Error or problem, Expressions, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

.mogrt imported to Premiere does not handle JavaScript expression properly

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to make a .mogrt which does some changes to the text using the Expression on Source text. However, I am obviously missing something very basic. In some instances, the original text (which is in the Essential Graphics Source Text field) is gone, and even if I add something in Preimere (using the Essential Graphics parameters), this is not processed correctly.

This morning I boiled it down to the following. I made a composition in AE with one Text layer only. Added the Source Text to the text layer, and added some text. Then added the following script to the expression:

t=text.sourceText;

tres=t;

tres;

This works fine when importing to PR, and when changing the text in the Essential Graphics, this is updated correctly.

Then I copied this layer, and changed the expression to:

t=text.sourceText;

tres=t+"-def";

tres; 

When importing this to PR, the SourceText field in the Essential Graphics panel is empty, and no matter what I enter here, the text is rendered as "-def".

(I did have a much more complex script working, but made a change to this and it stopped working, and I do not understand why).

So if anybody could point me in the right direction, as to why a script which works perfectly in AE, does not work at all in PR.

Thank you

Br

John Erik

TOPICS
Error or problem, Expressions, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 11, 2020 0

Have something to add?