Highlighted

Money Rain 2D

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to make a 2D money rain? I do not want the 3d rotation look that comes with the particle. So far, i tried the turbulance effect and wave warp but doesnt seem to work like I intended..

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Expressions, FAQ, Resources, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Money Rain 2D

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to make a 2D money rain? I do not want the 3d rotation look that comes with the particle. So far, i tried the turbulance effect and wave warp but doesnt seem to work like I intended..

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Expressions, FAQ, Resources, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fail to see your point. Of course you would have to animate each layer individually to even get close to the look your reference image has. This is nothing where you can just slap on a distortion effect and hope it will give correct results. Pardon the directness, but this stuff is not the time to be lazy about it and look for quick solutions. It's perfectly possible to get this to work, it will just be laborious and tedious. With animating each layer's deformation as it falls using e.g. Bezier Warp or even better yet a 3D plug-in like Freeform Pro. Once you have enough prototype particles in pre-comps it would be easy enough to create any varaitions on the theme bey duplicating, mixing and retiming those, but to get there, you have to put in soem real honest work.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need one image for the front of the bill, one for the back and then you need to make a trip to http://blender.org and spend about the same amount of time you would spend creating a couple of dozen animated distorted 3D layers and let the 3D software do the work for you. 

You could also use the same font and back texture images and C4D Lite to create a flipping bill and do your animation there but Blender will give you a lot more tools.

The last option is to create a single animated 2D bill comp or movie and use that as a custom particle in Particular if you have it or Particle World. If the first frame of your animated money comp and the last frame of the comp are identical you'll get a seamless loop that can start at a different time for every particle generated. 

Unfortunately, the documentation for Particle World is not very good, but if you poke around you should be able to get some falling 2D money that looks pretty good.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0