Highlighted

morphing a rectangle into a sphere

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

Hope you can help me. I would like to transform a rectangle into a sphere. With the CC Sphere effect, I can obtain the sphere and I can apply effects on its rotation, size, position etc, However, I need to see the rectangle gradually "wrapping" until forming the complete sphere. How can I do?

Thank you for your help, have an amazing afternoon!

Sara (Italy) 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

morphing a rectangle into a sphere

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

Hope you can help me. I would like to transform a rectangle into a sphere. With the CC Sphere effect, I can obtain the sphere and I can apply effects on its rotation, size, position etc, However, I need to see the rectangle gradually "wrapping" until forming the complete sphere. How can I do?

Thank you for your help, have an amazing afternoon!

Sara (Italy) 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple way would be to buy a third-party plug-in that does this. I'm pretty sure Boris FX has some sort of this old-timey sphere wrap effect. Otherwise this would have to be done manually using e. g. Cinema 4D Light. You would put a plane into a spherize deformer and tweak the paramater.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0