Highlighted

Motion Graphics Template allowing superscript selection

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created an animated title template in After Effects to be used Premiere. The template works well, except that we often need to include a registered trademark in the titles. Is there a way to allow the user to select a part of text to be superscript? I've seen some mention sourcerecttime to come up with a solution, but I don't believe that will work for me, since it could be in the middle or end of a line of text.

"This is a great Product®" or "This Product® is great"

I'm open to any solutions! Thanks for looking!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by justintaylor | Adobe Community Professional

I'm pretty sure you'll need multiple text layers stacked one after the other with expressions to achieve that with some toggle option if your text is a regular/super/or subscript.

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Motion Graphics Template allowing superscript selection

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created an animated title template in After Effects to be used Premiere. The template works well, except that we often need to include a registered trademark in the titles. Is there a way to allow the user to select a part of text to be superscript? I've seen some mention sourcerecttime to come up with a solution, but I don't believe that will work for me, since it could be in the middle or end of a line of text.

"This is a great Product®" or "This Product® is great"

I'm open to any solutions! Thanks for looking!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by justintaylor | Adobe Community Professional

I'm pretty sure you'll need multiple text layers stacked one after the other with expressions to achieve that with some toggle option if your text is a regular/super/or subscript.

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@justintaylor thanks for the idea. That did help me come to a solution.

I included an additional registered trademark for each of the lines with a toggle on/off switch and a horizontal position slider to allow the user to place it where necessary. Maybe not the most elegant solution, but it works well with my animations and allows the user to place it wherever necessary in the line.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0