Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion tile and cc repe tile aren't working!!! please helpppp

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I just started ae about a few weeks back and i've noticed that motion tile nor cc repe tile work (by the way I have adobe after effects 2020 downloaded) i've tried zooming in then pre-composing clips i've even tried zooming out, pre-composing then zooming in but nothing seems to work! I'm really upset because I finally figured out how to add a cool transition to my work but the top and bottom were black. Here is a screen shot of what it looks like when zoomed out with motion tile, strangely the sides have mirror edges but the top and bottom don't 😞

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 14.24.11.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Motion Tile is working properly in your screenshot, and the top and bottom are mirrored. Is your original footage letterboxed or masked off? Please post a screenshot of the unaffected clip showing in the Layer panel.

Also, unless your original footage is scaled down below the size of your comp you don't need to set your Output Width and Output Height higher than 100.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh right!! I'll try and have output width and height set at 100, precompose it then motion tile it and zoom out to see if it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is the photo of it when it's at its original size

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 14.59.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you dialled in all square values, which of course will produce the result you see if the images are not fully covering the entire layer. I can't see anything wrong. You just need to approach this differently and actually match the sizes and ratios to your pixel content.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working 😞 (sorryy if i'm irritating)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because you put a square video in a rectangle comp. Forget the precomping and just put the video in the comp. Reset the effect, and now just expand the Output Width and Output Height. This is because your footage doesn't fill your comp. Leave the Tile Width and Tile Height parameters alone first and you should see what you're looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey again, I tried adjusting the comp size to 1440 x 1440 (which is a square size) but instead of a square the comp looks more like a rectangle Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 15.37.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also the mirroring still isn't working D:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The comp is probably a square, you're just zoomed into 100%. Zoom out of the comp (bottom-left of the Composition panel). Please post another screenshot showing your effect settings. Mirroring is working fine, I just don't think your settings are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I tried zooming out of the comp, fitting in the pictures then adding motion tile but it's still doing the same thing! Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 15.58.16.pngScreenshot 2020-07-14 at 15.58.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're still not taking the correct approach here. It might be helpful if you find a good tutorial showing this in action. These steps should work, though:

1) Create a new composition from your source clip. 

2) Apply Motion Tile.

3) Do not touch the scale of the layer, just the Motion Tile parameters.

4) Only adjust the Tile Width and Tile Height parameters, leaving the Output Width and Output Height alone.

5) Feel free to enable "Mirror Edges."

Doing these steps should get you the proper results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines