Highlighted

Motion tracker too slow in cc 2020

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I am using the motion tracker for the first time in cc 2020, but not new to motion tracker at all. I have noticed that it is too slow compared to cc 2018 version which is the last one I used. It takes almost 5 min. to track 1 sec. 720p video. It had never happened to me, the tracker has always been relatively fast. My computer is fast, Windows 10, 32gb ram, 4 ssd disks and a raid 0 of 6 hdd. My graphics card is a nvidia gtx 760 TI.  In past versions motion tracker worked perfectly and fast enough for me but now it is not feasible to track a 20 sec video, it takes too long. I´m sure there is something wrong here. Is there something I should configure or some adjustment I could make on my computer or in the after effects configuration to fix it?
Thank you

Topics

Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Motion tracker too slow in cc 2020

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I am using the motion tracker for the first time in cc 2020, but not new to motion tracker at all. I have noticed that it is too slow compared to cc 2018 version which is the last one I used. It takes almost 5 min. to track 1 sec. 720p video. It had never happened to me, the tracker has always been relatively fast. My computer is fast, Windows 10, 32gb ram, 4 ssd disks and a raid 0 of 6 hdd. My graphics card is a nvidia gtx 760 TI.  In past versions motion tracker worked perfectly and fast enough for me but now it is not feasible to track a 20 sec video, it takes too long. I´m sure there is something wrong here. Is there something I should configure or some adjustment I could make on my computer or in the after effects configuration to fix it?
Thank you

Topics

Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The speed of the motion tracker depends on the size of the Search Area (outside box), the size of the Feature region (inside box), and the frame rate of the clip balanced with your available system resources. If the shot is the same and the feature region and search areas are the same, then the time it takes to track the shot should be very similar. If it is not, let us know. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines