• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Tracking: sticking object to tracked object?

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, i used to know how to do this but its been awhile so im having to relearn what i once knew. I use motion tracking to track effects onto an object usually when it comes to Mocha. My question is this: I tracked a hand in my footage and applied the tracking data onto a solid which i then made invisible. i want to take an effect and parent it to the solid so it will mimic the track movement. When i parent this effect, nothing seems to change. It doesnt follow the position or anything for that matter of the solid with the rtracking data applied on it. What exactly am i missing in these steps? I tried applying the track to the effect but it always takes the effect and scales it to my track data. Any help would be awesome. Im using mocha 2020 if that helps at all. Long story short, i want to make an object stick to my tracked object.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

ok... i think i figured it out. I need to apply the tracking data to a null object then parent my object to the null. I was making a mistake by applying my track data to a solid. Sometiems i just have to write on here to get my brain working lol. ANyways, thats how to do it guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok... i think i figured it out. I need to apply the tracking data to a null object then parent my object to the null. I was making a mistake by applying my track data to a solid. Sometiems i just have to write on here to get my brain working lol. ANyways, thats how to do it guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines