Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion V2 Not working on updated iMac Pro

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

After upgrading to an iMac Pro, i tried reinstalling the Motion V2 plugin from Mt. Mograph. Every time I start After Effects I am greeted with the error message:

"Unable to Execute Script at Line 6: Invalid Image Data" where the panel shows up, but no buttons or functions are visible.

I followed all installation instructions properly, and also applied any common fixes I was able to find searching on the web (closing the libraries panel, making sure my general settings were set to "Allow scripts to write files and access networks"). I've restarted the program and my computer multiple times to no no luck. Downloading the previous version of After Effects also yielded no results as well.

I have got the plugin to work on a regular iMac updated to the latest After Effects. So I'm not sure if the issue lies with the plugin, Adobe, or my iMac pro.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Computer:

iMac pro 2017

macOS High Sierra

Program: Adobe After Effects CC 2019

Plugin: Motion V2 By Mt. Mograph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying it doesn't work in previous versions of AE on the Mac Pro as well?

If it works in an iMac with the current version of AE, but not on the Mac Pro, I'd be looking askance at the Mac Pro and wondering what it's issue is.

I mean, I couldn't imagine what it is. It's not like Motion 2 is that...complicated of a script panel.

Try going into your preferences>Display and turning off the Hardware Accelerate...Panels option (or turn it on if it's off) and see if that makes a difference.

What OS do you have on the iMac and on the Mac Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, It doesn't work in previous versions on the Mac Pro.

I agree, it shouldn't be that complicated. I tried your suggestion and it didn't change anything.

The OS for both the iMac and Mac Pro is the the latest version of macOS High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really weird. I wonder if there's something installed on the Mac Pro that's causing the issue...

The only thing I could suggest besides looking at what else is on the machines would be to contact Mt. Mograph support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time Adobe comes out with a new version of AE, it inevitably breaks something that worked just fine in previous versions, and because it's so new, it's going to take you ages to track down the real problem.  Hope you like being a Guinea Pig!

And be sure to thank Adobe for crossing every t and dotting every i in their new release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, did you actually read this thread? It's not working in the older version of AE either. Something is wrong that has nothing to do with the new version of AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside AE, have you checked preferences/general/Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network? I had a similar problem, but doing this fixed it. Not sure if it will for you, but good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me –

Find your motion v 2 .jsxbin file and change it to .jsx

• re-install the script
  • re-start after effects
  • open script form window drop down

Such a handy plugin, hope this works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simeono's thing worked for me, thanks so much!

The issue I had: On Windows, I haven't used AE for a few months. Upon opening the program, the Motion panel was gone. I checked in the Scripts UI Panel folder and the jsxbin file was in the correct place as the instructions say, but I couldn't see motion under Window.

What I did to fix it:

• rename to .jsx
  • File/Scripts/Install ScriptUI Panel -> select the .jsx file (for some reason, the file explorer kept popping up here multiple times for me. Just hit escape multiple times and it should disappear)
  • Restart AE
  • Open the panel from Window/motion. jsx

Definitely seems to me like an update screwed something up while I was away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! this works! Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines