Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion3 Script Eyedropper doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an ongoing problem since I bought Motion 3 plugin. Eyedropper doesn't pick up colours correctly.

I depicted the problem here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAsh6GCXxtg

It is changing colours to those dark blue spectrum - the same colours all the time.

I reinstalled everything twice. Everything is up to date.

It doesn't work on 2018, 2019 and currently 2020.

I am on macOS 10.15.6 (19G73)

I wrote to the maker many times - today I got first respond to look at the video on their website.... Great...I did it like 10 times before to really see what is happening.

I am just curious now - how come I am the only one affected? I must be doing something wrong but how complicated is to simply hold and drag? 😉

If someone could help me that would be awesome!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Scripting , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Hello,

Yes - here is the reply from Motion 3 Support and this finally resolved my problem:

"Can you check if you gave After Effects the Screen Recording permission in the system preferences?
The first time you pick a color it should have asked you to enable it, maybe you denied the permission then?
I just checked it over here without permission and seems to also give "blue-y" colors as a result."

I am attaching a screenshot as well - I hope that will help 🙂

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 21.11.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If changing GPU acceleration in the Project Settings and the Display and Graphics acceleration in the Preferences does not fix the problem I would contact the folks that developed the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

Thank you for a reply - I did play with Project settings before. Do you mind me asking where can I find Display and Graphics in Preferences? I can only see this 😛

Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 12.13.27.png

I am already talking to MT Mograph about it and I have mentioned what you have suggested - maybe they will figure it out quicker now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the Video Preview section of Preferences. Look at the first tab in Project Settings (Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I will play with those 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey angelika did you soulve the eyedropper problem? I'm having a same problem here..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Yes - here is the reply from Motion 3 Support and this finally resolved my problem:

"Can you check if you gave After Effects the Screen Recording permission in the system preferences?
The first time you pick a color it should have asked you to enable it, maybe you denied the permission then?
I just checked it over here without permission and seems to also give "blue-y" colors as a result."

I am attaching a screenshot as well - I hope that will help 🙂

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 21.11.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines