• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse Issues (Wired or Wireless) on new laptop with fresh AE 2020 install

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This relates to both a wired and wireless mouse.  I have tried both.  Recieved new Dell XPS 17 laptop and installed fresh AE 2020.  Mouse glitches when attempting to select.  Mouse will not go into "double Arrow" mode when selecting end of timeline layers. Just constant glitches.  When creating new objects like "Text" there is constant glitching when trying to select or hovering over the TEXT object.  My older laptop has AE 2019 and there are no problems with either the wired or wireless mouse in selecting items. 

There are only USB-C ports on the Dell.  You have to use HUBS to give you the USB 3/USB 2 ports for the wireless receiver or wired mouse.  I have new USB-C mouse coming shortly and so cannot see if it is a problem with the ports on the new laptop or a problem with After Effects 2020.  

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my new usb-c mouse arrived and I am still receiving the glitches while the mouse is going across the various panels.  It blows your mind.  This is more serious than I thought.  Normally you get a constant mouse pointer in all your apps but when you are in AE 2020; it just glitches constantly.  I have Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 with Max-Q Design Driver version 451.77.  I am not recieving this mouse "glitching" issue in any other program in Windows 10 and including some of the other Adobe Products ( Premiere Pro 2020 and  Photoshop CC 2020 are fine. ).  I really do not want to have to install AE 16.1.3 on my new laptop (this is the version on my older laptop.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I think I fixed the issue.  Under Settings > Devices > Mouse > Additional Mouse options > Mouse Pointer - Click "Use Default".  Then I had to reboot.  Restarted AE and the mouse pointer is now working and not glitching.  I am a happy camper.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines