Highlighted

MOV file is in a loop instead of playing whole clip and adobe media encoder rendering problem

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in the subject, after importing a MOV file, it always flies in a certain loop, and the sound goes naturally so you can't synchronize anything, the project settings are the same as for the mov file, 4k and 24fps. The whole video has its beginning and end, but still at some point goes back to a certain point and glitch, please help!

By the way, I have a question about the adobe media encoder, when it saves a project in, for example, 20fps and exports it in a different number of frames per second (mainly audio with graphics because still graphics don't need many frames per second, and you can save file size and rendering time), sound and still image last 3 minutes, but when exporting all video has about 25 minutes, where most of it is a black picture (as in attached fille), what settings should it overcome?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

MOV file is in a loop instead of playing whole clip and adobe media encoder rendering problem

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in the subject, after importing a MOV file, it always flies in a certain loop, and the sound goes naturally so you can't synchronize anything, the project settings are the same as for the mov file, 4k and 24fps. The whole video has its beginning and end, but still at some point goes back to a certain point and glitch, please help!

By the way, I have a question about the adobe media encoder, when it saves a project in, for example, 20fps and exports it in a different number of frames per second (mainly audio with graphics because still graphics don't need many frames per second, and you can save file size and rendering time), sound and still image last 3 minutes, but when exporting all video has about 25 minutes, where most of it is a black picture (as in attached fille), what settings should it overcome?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have two problems. You do not understand how previews work in After Effects, and you do not have any understanding of how video is played back. 

If you want small file sizes and still images that don't move for 3 seconds use Animate and generate a file for a web page or use PowerPoint.

Video previews in After Effects are only as long as the available system resources allow them to be. a 3 or 4-second video playback of HD source material on a system that just meets the minimum system requirements is normal. AE is not an NLE and is not designed to preview long comps in real-time.

Some devices, like mobile phones, can record video at variable frame rates but they will never hold a single frame for 3 seconds. It can't be done. There is no variable frame rate option in the Media Encoder or the Render Cue because variable frame rates are extremely problematic in the post-production workflow and they are pretty darn terrible for distribution to the public because media players don't like them much. You usually don't notice problems playing back variable frame rate footage on your phone because the audio pretty much stays in sync, but YouTube and Vimeo, and any other streaming service is going to have a big problem with the footage and the re-compression that your uploaded files go through is going to seriously degrade everything if you do not follow their recommended frame size and frame rates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in this case when processing previous clips in 4k I could preview the entire clip without a problem? It's a mistake, glitch, it's not a problem to see a 2-minute preview clip I have very good computer specifications, so it seems to me that it is something with the MOV format, even though I have codecs and quicktime

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a desktop loaded with the most memory I can stuff into it and there is no way in the world to have AE run a 2-minute preview at full resolution with a 4K clip. Maybe 30 seconds, but the way I work a  real-time preview of anything longer than 3 or 4 seconds is seldom required to judge the timing of a cut or an effect. With a little practice you will find that it is true for you too. There is very little time in a profitable production day to wait for previews to render.

As far as synchronizing to audio, let me give you some suggestions. Almost every project I work on involves precise timing to dialogue or music. I use audio markers that are created in Audition for that most in almost all of my comps (projects) that are longer than a single shot. They are very easy to create and label and they show up in both AE and Premiere Pro. It takes about 1/10 the time to jump to a labeled audio marker that it takes to jump to the next word or beat by scrubbing audio. Beat markers can be added to a music track in Audition in a couple of clicks, and they save you a lot of time when cutting to music.

If I don't have markers I use the waveform (keyboard 'LL'). I even use the waveform in Premiere Pro (or Final Cut, or Avid). Only about 1 cut out of 10 is best when it is right on the beat or the word. The more experience you get cutting to music or dialogue, the more you will learn that almost all cuts need to lead or lag the beat by a few frames. The position of the main subject in the nest shot, the design of a graphic, even color and lighting, changes the timing of the most effective cut. When you are working on these kinds of cuts, you can do a better job if you have a real-time preview but backing up more than 2 or 3 beats does not help you make those fine adjustments to timing. With a little experience you can just look at the waveform and decide when the cut should be made faster than you could ever scrub through the audio. 

I'm not saying that real-time previews with no waiting would not be a blessing, I'm just saying that you can easily learn to work around the limitations of your tools.

I've been cutting and doing visual effects professionally since 1970. For the first 25 years of my career in motion graphics and visual effects we had to wait for the workprint (look it up) to come back from the lab to see what we had done. It could take a week or more to complete 10 seconds of animation and most of the time there were no surprises. We knew pretty much what we were going to get. The first versions of AE that I used did not even render previews, you had to animate and render and open up the movie to get any feedback at all. 

I am guessing that you have no further questions about rendering video. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand and thank you for your answer, but you have not completely understood my problem, I do not mean audio-video synchronization at the level of several milliseconds, the point is that the clip looks like the boys sing under the bridge, first they prepare for it and first sings one then the other, watching a clip in even a windows media player I can see the whole thing, how to prepare for singing, how to sing one, then the other and the end, while in after effects there is a bug that say every 20 seconds (I do not know the exact value with which goes back to the back of the clip) returns to the starting point where the boys are getting ready to sing again, the clip does not look like in the media player, goes back, there is some error that does not allow me to play the whole thing, in the ae preview.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to run a longer preview to check timing lower the comp resolution or skip frames. I call that a Pencil Test. When you need to check a specific frame, set the resolution to full and turn on all effects and motion blur. I call that Ink and Paint. That's how everybody from Pixar to Disney to little old me works on movies that require animation. 

This also sounds like you are using AE to edit a movie. You should be using AE to create visual effects you cannot create in an NLE. AE is a terrible video editor but a very powerful visual effects, motion graphics, and compositing app never designed to edit video. Most of my comps are under 7 seconds. I am just wrapping up a feature film project and not one of the visual effects in the movie is longer than 220 frames. A few are as short as 20 frames.  None of the visual effects comps are edited into a sequence in After Effects. 

If you have a shot of boys preparing to sing under a bridge that needs visual effects do those in AE. Then do the effects on the shot of one singing, and create a comp for each shot. Render the comps and edit the video in Premiere Pro. That's how to work efficiently. 

Show me a screenshot and maybe I can help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://we.tl/t-nj9Wvcz4nD

In this link there is a video explaining my problem, I will add that a few months ago I made clip in AE, whose materials consisted of single films with 8 minutes each and I did not have such a problem, I could use a preview at any time of a single video.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a solution! The problem was caused by the MOV format from the iPhone, I found many similar people's queries that also happened to them, just: "That's VFR, variable frame rate. Pr is somewhat capable of handling that media but especially some iPhone clips can be problematic. First thing to try is select the media in a bin and right-click/modify/interpret assume 30fps. Then use that on a new sequence. If that doesn't work transcode in Handbrake to CFR. Neil"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0