• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.mov to webm not keeping transparent background, transparent background not staying transparent.

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to create my own twitch alert overlays. 

Started off with a PSD - 750 x 250 pixels. No artboard, transparent background. 

• Imported file to AE as footage. Composition - Retain layers, editable layer styles.
    • Composition added to render queue, double checked transparency by toggling transparency grid. Confirmed.
      • Output module: QuickTime
      • Channels: RGB + Alpha
      • Format options: Animation
    • Used convertio.co to convert from .mov to WebmVP9

Please check attached photos. 

I then went and uploaded completed Webm file to streamlabs to use as follower notification. Black background still remains. 

Someone please tell me where I went wrong, I do not understand where I went wrong. There are no files aside from a logo and text, I made sure to delete the background in the PSD just to make sure as well. 
I have made sure I was using the alpha channel and exporting the alpha channel, I have double checked for transparency using the transparency grid in AE. 

I am using Adobe AfterEffects 17.0.6.

Someone please help. To me this doesn't make any sense. 

Just a casual streamer, checkout my channel! https://www.twitch.tv/theenannigans Follow me on other platforms as well! https://allmylinks.com/theenannigans
TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Import and export , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing similar problem, prores 4444alpha when converting to  webm doesnt retain alpha, even though in ME output says  alpha. Using older version of ME because the latest one doesnt even show option to include alpha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mee too.. did you solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines