Highlighted

Move mask on a custom path?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the image attached. In the composition, I'm trying to move the magnifying glass around the bowl of dog food, revealing the real ingredients under the glass. I've got a circular mask on the image with the ingredients and I'm trying to move it along the same path as the magnifying glass layer. What is the best way at this? Any help is much appreciated!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Move mask on a custom path?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the image attached. In the composition, I'm trying to move the magnifying glass around the bowl of dog food, revealing the real ingredients under the glass. I've got a circular mask on the image with the ingredients and I'm trying to move it along the same path as the magnifying glass layer. What is the best way at this? Any help is much appreciated!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to do it is to copy the mask path and paste it into the position parameter of your magnifying glass layer. It is important that you copy the mask path not the mask. The path will be pasted as a series of roving keyframes but you can modify them as you need.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried this but when I paste into the position parameter of the magnifying glass I get a bunch of crazy paths. Also not sure if I'm selecting only the mask path correctly as I can't seem to select 'mask path' without the mask and image highlighting.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 7.33.22 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This use to happen when the masked layers have been scaled.

What I would do is to create a new solid layer that will have the same size of your composition, and create a mask on this layer with the same size as the bowl. Then copy this "Mask Path" and paste it into the magnifying glass position. Once pasted, delete or disable the solid so you can view your original layers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0