Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving bouncing ball effect for multiple objects

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying animate a hand drawn piece of art so I am working with raster images in .png format that have been imported from photoshop.

I need around 50 apples to rain down from the sky and bounce off the floor and other objects.

Do I seriously need to animate every single apple manually? Please tell me there is an easier way...

I've come across expressions for bouncing balls (inertia and bounce back) but they only seem to work for 'up and down' type of motions, not 'bouncing ball across the screen' type motions. Am I missing something? All the tutorials for 'bouncing across the screen' show them animating one object manually.

How would you go about animating 50 apples (or anything) in raster format to rain down from the sky with realistic bounce and rolling movement when it hits the floor?

Also, would there be a way to make the apples bounce off each other without manually attending to each and every one?

Thanks for your time!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The simplest way would be to buy the Newton physics plug-in. Otherwise this would indeed require a mix of complex expressions and some hand animation. AE simply has no built-in physics or collision detection and apples being a irregular shape will quickly ruin any other simple cheats.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines