Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving timeline panel to left

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On my dual monitor setup the timeline panel sits on a monitor off to the right whilst the composition panel and project panel sit on the main monitor directly in front of me. This makes sense to me because I want to minimise the distance from the project panel to the timeline panel when dragging layers to the timeline. 

However, because I am partially blind in the right eye, the monitor that sits off to the right (timeline panel) is not something I can easily glance at ie. I have to turn my head to see it which is not ideal. What WOULD be ideal is to have the secondary monitor sitting to the left of the main monitor. However, if I do that I end up with a situation where I have the important part of the timline (the panel with the solo, Source Name, Mode etc columns) on the left hand side ie. nowhere near my project panel.

So my question is, is there a way to swap the important part of the timeline panel to the right of the timegraph? I've attached an image that more clearly explains this. 

Being able to resolve this would make a huge difference in the way I work so any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope. The columns area of the timeline is unfortunately not a separate sub-panel or for that matter a set of separate columns. At best you could find a panel-based script that mimics some of the behaviors and place it where you need it to be.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines