• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4/h.264

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H.264/MP4 Not working properly in after effects 17.0.5 wont import mp4 files error cant read file 81:6 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Hi pceside,

We're aware of this bug and are working on a fix. Meanwhile, the workaround is to either reinstall After Effects 17.0.4 or transcode the files using Adobe Media Encoder. More info here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/unable-to-import-h-264-h-265-files-after-updating-to-after-effects-17-0-5/m-p/10997790/thread-id/106847?page=1

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use an App like MediaInfo and show us more detailed info about this clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem as well, did you manage to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope sadly i havent i guess its just the update .. unfortunantly and im 100% sure its not my video footage cause it gives me the error for every video file i try and the video files were working perfect on 17.0.3 looks like will just have to wait till they fix it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, more people are complaining about this one, hopefully this will make Adobe hurry up with a fix and yet another update... then who knows what bug will come with that one. Hard to believe they missed this bug before releasing the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are allowed to share a file that is failing with us, that would help tremendously. We are trying to understand what is causing this and to get as many reproductions as possible. Any details about your system configuration, OS version, etc., would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pceside,

We're aware of this bug and are working on a fix. Meanwhile, the workaround is to either reinstall After Effects 17.0.4 or transcode the files using Adobe Media Encoder. More info here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/unable-to-import-h-264-h-265-files-after-updating-to-af...

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still having this issue in 2023 with an enterprise CC license. Is this workaround still the solution or has there been a fix that I missed? Transcoding using AE doesn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines