Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple outputs from one Comp?

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

say if I have a Comp and I want certain layers to be visable down the line in another Comp (or Premiere in my situation) and then other layers to be visable in a different Comp....

Is there a way to do this?

In Flame, you can have multiple outputs from an Action node and can then recombine them downstream. I'm after similar.

For example, a Comp with both Normal and Screen Blend modes required to work on a background.

If I wanted to send these as 2 Comps or 2 outputs from one Comp so they could be treated differently downstream.

Cheers

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: Nope. You have to actually duplicate the comp and change the settings. There is no such thing as node bypass/ render overrides/ render scripts/ pixel expressions as you would find them in Nuke, Flame, Fusion and whatever that can be used in this manner in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah that's good to know though.

And I'm glad you understood my explanation. 🙂

I've coloured the layers that need screen blend. Then when  I'm happy, I duplcate the Comp , hide them on one Comp and Solo on the other. It's surprisingly quick. It might become annoying after a 100 or so that I need to do, but I'm gaining a lot Comping them in Premiere rather than in AE with Collapse Transformations on as I did before. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines