• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Must I render the After Effects comp timeline so PPro can read it easier?

Advocate ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, not sure if I asked that correctly.

Using DL and importing a clip from PPro to AE, then working on the comp, then must I always render the comp timeline so when I'm back in PPro, it will read it and render it faster?

I know in PPro, you don't need to render the timeline before an export to disc. 

Is AE the same thing and the render is only for ease of playback when working on a comp?

Thanks!
Letty

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Entirely depends. Having all the comps cached in AE would only make sense if they are extremley complicated and take long to render a frame, but then again of course you could just as well render the clips and substitute them in premire Pro the old-fashioned way. In reverse, simple stuff may not at all use the cache, anyway, so there would be no benefit of running endless previews just to generate the cache data. I suppose there is a sweet spot somewhere, but even then you still have to weigh fa

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entirely depends. Having all the comps cached in AE would only make sense if they are extremley complicated and take long to render a frame, but then again of course you could just as well render the clips and substitute them in premire Pro the old-fashioned way. In reverse, simple stuff may not at all use the cache, anyway, so there would be no benefit of running endless previews just to generate the cache data. I suppose there is a sweet spot somewhere, but even then you still have to weigh factors like disk speed. Other than that AE does indeed use the cache for final rendering whgen enabled, but apparently also only if the settings match, i.e. you have previewed at 100% at some point. The same rules apply, though. It's not a simple yes/ no answer, so keep experimenting until you have a gut feeling for this.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that!

Letty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines