Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

黑.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

I'm not saying that you have to change your format but as far as I see you have to change your codec.
If you not familiar let me clarify that for you
- mov, avi are only a wrappers/formats - as a gift box - one is yellow and one is green but we do not know what is in that yellow box (let say that yellow box is mov format) because in yellow box you can have only audio compressed with speciffic codec, only video compressed with speciffic codec or both compressed with specific codecs and just seein

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is hard to say what can be the issue but looking at your composition we can se that you have some non so standard resolution (968x545 px) and non standard fps (16,345fps) and I guess that are your footage specs. So that mean that your footage comes with some non common codec specs - that can be why AE can't read video. Try to put your file to Adobe Media Encoder and if AME will be able to read your file - convert it to something intermediate as prores, cineform or animation and then put that new file to AE. If AME can't read your file - find some other converter (even VLC player can convert files) to do that .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks i only want to use mov profile donot want to transfer to other format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not saying that you have to change your format but as far as I see you have to change your codec.
If you not familiar let me clarify that for you
- mov, avi are only a wrappers/formats - as a gift box - one is yellow and one is green but we do not know what is in that yellow box (let say that yellow box is mov format) because in yellow box you can have only audio compressed with speciffic codec, only video compressed with speciffic codec or both compressed with specific codecs and just seeing yellow box (mov wrapper) we don't know what is inside (what codec was used for audio and/or video stream compression). So in most cases if Audio or video does not work in AE - that is probably codec issue
- as I said inside of mov wrapper you can have footage compressed with differen codecs so converting your footage with  animation, prores or any other video codec avaliable for you in mov format you will get mov file - but with differen - maby better codec for AE to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent example, imeilfx!

季金华, do you still need help with this?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks imeilfx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used QuickTime to export, and it worked!

I had this same problem with an MOV file taken on a phone. I tried re-encoding to mp4, H264, ProRes, and other formats via Adobe Media Encoder, and nothing worked. Then I tried opening the file in QuickTime and exporting directly from there. And upon importing the new mov to After Effects, it worked! I have audio and video now in AE, and am very happy.

I'm not sure exactly why it worked when I used QuickTime to export. My guess is that since Adobe stopped servicing QuickTime in 2018 (?), that it wasn't able to correctly interpret the QuickTime codec, but QuickTime obviously can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! This helped my problem so quickly 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines