Highlighted

My Aftereffects file freezes during rendering either in Aftereffects render queue or in AME

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video isn't very long or very complex, I have to assume that the file became corrupted somehow since even when I export to different computers it always freezes and always in the exact same spot. (I have inspected this moment carefully and nothing crazy happens there, it is indistinguishable from any other portion of the video) I have tried every suggestion I could find on the topic, from playing with cache settings to various different exporting workarounds to no avail. I could start over from scratch but with no promise that the same error won't occur again, I have little desire to waste hours of my time. Is there any hope for my file?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My Aftereffects file freezes during rendering either in Aftereffects render queue or in AME

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video isn't very long or very complex, I have to assume that the file became corrupted somehow since even when I export to different computers it always freezes and always in the exact same spot. (I have inspected this moment carefully and nothing crazy happens there, it is indistinguishable from any other portion of the video) I have tried every suggestion I could find on the topic, from playing with cache settings to various different exporting workarounds to no avail. I could start over from scratch but with no promise that the same error won't occur again, I have little desire to waste hours of my time. Is there any hope for my file?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info on the actual project, your computer, render settings and so on nobody can tell you much. Clearly something critical is going on at the point where it stops or else it would not happen on every computer. This can't be attributed to specific hardware configurations then and issues with hardware acceleration or running out of memory. therefore you have to be much more forthcoming and give us something to work with, including screenshots of the timelines and all the relevant details.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all layers in the comp, press 'uu' to reveal all modified properties, then turn off or reset any effect that you think might be causing a significant drain on system resources. 

If the failure always happens on the same frame and you have any variable frame rate or MPEG (MP4) footage in your comp the crash could be caused by a corrupted source file. As Mylenium said, no details = no idea what is causing the problem and no way to come up with a reasonable solution to the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0