Highlighted

My Mask Disappears when it becomes a 3d layer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on a project and in the project I am suppose to  take a solid and make it into a ring using masks. I have no problem making the ring, but the next thing I have to do is make it into a 3D layer. Once i do that, I can see the lines for my mask, but the mask itself is gone. It becomes a solid again. The project has it set that the masks are set to both subtracted, and one is inverted. Can I get some help into what could be causing this and how to fix it please?

Thank you.

(Solid Shape as the Start)

soldi.PNG

(Use Masks to make the Ring Shape)Ring.PNG (Change to a 3D Layer, and I lose the Masks...)3d.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My Mask Disappears when it becomes a 3d layer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on a project and in the project I am suppose to  take a solid and make it into a ring using masks. I have no problem making the ring, but the next thing I have to do is make it into a 3D layer. Once i do that, I can see the lines for my mask, but the mask itself is gone. It becomes a solid again. The project has it set that the masks are set to both subtracted, and one is inverted. Can I get some help into what could be causing this and how to fix it please?

Thank you.

(Solid Shape as the Start)

soldi.PNG

(Use Masks to make the Ring Shape)Ring.PNG (Change to a 3D Layer, and I lose the Masks...)3d.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I see that you are having trouble with Mask in After Effects.

I tried this at my end but everything worked as it should. Is there a certain action that triggers this? Is it happening randomly or in all the projects? Also, what is the exact version of After Effects are you using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This really helped!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the masks are not working then the blue layer is not a solid (pixels) but it is either Pre-composed with Continuous Rasterize turned on or it is a shape layer. You can solve the problem by changing the 3D rendering option to Classic 3D or using a Solid as the blue layer or pre-composing the shape layer before you add the masks, or Pre-composing the shape layer with the mask and making the nested comp (pre-comp) a 3D layer.

It is important that you check the notes when you change the Render Settings. There are a lot of things disabled when you enable the C4D rendering option.

Screenshot_2020-04-24 05.17.27_StXCdy.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will be sure to apply this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0