• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My plug-in won't open in After effects 2020

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have after effects 2020 and i've installed Saber by video Copilot and ive installed it and when i open AE its not there.  Ive never installed a plugin on AE before and I don't understand why it won't load into it.  Any one know why plug ins won't show?

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

A search turned up a link: https://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2016/03/new-plug-in-saber-now-available-100-free/

You will also find a tutorial on the same page. The download should give you an installer that lets you pick where the effect is installed. It found all of my versions of AE without any problem.

Screenshot_2020-03-30 19.52.24_9blBL5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to download the latest installer from videocopilot.net. You probably have installed it using an older installer. Previous installers don't install the plugin in After Effects 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would I find the latest installer on their website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure this out?  I'm a beginner and I went thru the same issue.  I finally figured it out.  Lmk if you still require assistance and possibly I can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey , i still need help with this issue. can you assist ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A search turned up a link: https://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2016/03/new-plug-in-saber-now-available-100-free/

You will also find a tutorial on the same page. The download should give you an installer that lets you pick where the effect is installed. It found all of my versions of AE without any problem.

Screenshot_2020-03-30 19.52.24_9blBL5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I am on windows and the installer allows you to choose where you want it installed. When I inject it into the plugin or preset folder, it just creates an empty folder labeled "VideoCopilot". All the other plugins I have installed have the adobe files within them to make it work, but this one does not. I used your link for the installer and everything, pleaser help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am also suffering from the same problem not yet got any solution please help me with it too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to select the Plugins directory, just select the AE version you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this image of the installer, i dont have this screen. how do it get to this version. nothing like making it easy lol 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if anyone has the plug in for 2020, anychance you can email it to those that need it.... please 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was anyone able to figure out the problem for us window users yet? I've tried all the suggestions and i am still having no luck with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have After Effects installed on a D : drive, so I'm thinking that's why AE 2020 didn't show up in the list. In any case, I selected Custom and pointed it to the Presets directory. So in my case:

D:\Program Files\Adobe Creative Cloud\Adobe After Effects 2020\Support Files\Presets

(I would have thought Plugins, but apparently it's Presets)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much I thought I would never have saber but I tried what you said and it worked thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what did you do bro ? i am trying 2 days with nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it only says version 17 but i have the latest adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! i had this problem that i cant solve. I tried iunstalling premiere but my plug ins are still preimere.

I downloaded my plug ins for after effects and i cant use it because it is only allowed on premiere. 

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIX THIS ISSUE!!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure if this would work, but you could check your plug in folder to see if they're there:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects *version* \Support Files\Plug-ins

It kind of depends on what plug in/s you're trying to get working, because say you're trying to install Element 3d, there should be an .aex file in the Plug-ins folder. Other plugins like Sapphire or BCC, they install to their own folder in your ProgramFiles/ProgramData folders and in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines